- For availing the services under the Site, registration by the User is mandatory. A valid mobile number and/ or an email address would be required to register on the Site. To complete the registration process a one time password (“OTP”) may be sent to you on the mobile number provided by you at the time of registration for the purpose of user validation. You may also be required to generate OTP for downloading any content/material from the Site, in all cases the OTP will be sent to the mobile number provided at the time of registration. You will receive a password and account designation upon completing the registration on the Site. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You may change the password on your own. By registering, you agree to the following terms in addition to any other specific terms which shall be posted at an appropriate location of the Site. Each registration is for a single individual user only for personal use of the Site. To access these services, you will be asked to enter your individual User Name and Password. Therefore, we do not permit any of the following:-
- Any other person sharing your User Name and Password.
- Any part of the Site being cached in proxy servers and accessed by individuals who have not registered with Site as users.
- Access through a single User Name and Password being made available to multiple users on a network.
- If we reasonably believe that a User Name and Password are being used / misused in any manner as stated above, we reserve the right to terminate/suspend access rights immediately without notice, and block access to all users from that IP address.
- You specifically agree that BCCL shall not be responsible for unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data, any material or data sent or received or not sent or received through the Site.
- Where any subscription fee is required to be paid for availing the services, You acknowledge that BCCL reserves the unrestricted and discretionary right to change, rearrange, add or delete services offerings, the selections in those offerings, prices, and any other service BCCL may offer, at any time. BCCL will endeavor to notify you of any such change and its effective date. Unless otherwise specified, subscriptions fees once paid are non-refundable, provided that in case of failed transaction or duplicate transaction the subscription fees deducted from the User’s account shall be refunded in the source account from which the payment was made. Subscribed services will automatically be cancelled once the subscription period is over and the subscription fee for renewal is not paid. BCCL uses third party payment gateways for collection of credit/debit card or other payment instruments. In case of payment gateway failure the same would be communicated to you by the payment gateway provider. BCCL shall not be responsible for extra currency/conversion charges/deductions/error issues from payment gateway. In the case of failed online transactions, which result in no services, BCCL offers no guarantees whatsoever for the accuracy or timeliness of the refunds reaching the customers card/bank accounts through the payment gateway.
- BCCL may terminate User’s access to the Site or any part thereof at any time and for any reason without any notice. The provisions regarding disclaimer of warranty, accuracy of information, software, database other system or functionality of Site and indemnification shall survive such termination. BCCL may monitor User’s access to the Site.
- All contents on the Site are the exclusive property of BCCL except the third party content which are licensed to BCCL and/or its affiliates. The software, text, images, graphics, video and audio used on the Site belong to or are licensed to BCCL or its subsidiaries and affiliates. No material from the Site may be copied, modified, reproduced, republished, uploaded, transmitted, posted or distributed in any form without prior written permission from BCCL. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Unauthorised use of the materials appearing on the Site may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws, and could result in criminal or civil penalties. You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, personal, limited right to access the Site and avail the services provided by BCCL on the Site.
- BCCL does not make any warranties, express or implied, with respect to any service, information, data, software, system, functionality, statements, content or products made available on the Site. The information contained in the Site has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable. The Site, and all content, materials, information, software and services provided on the Site, are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- BCCL does not warrant that the Site will operate error-free or that the Site and its servers are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. If your use of the Site or content therein results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, BCCL is not responsible for any such costs. Site and content are provided on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind. BCCL to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, including the fitness for particular purpose and non-infringement. BCCL makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the content, services, software, text, graphics, and links.
- Under no circumstances will BCCL be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, inaccurate, false, incomplete, infringement of other’s rights including intellectual property rights, for any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted or uploaded. Further, under no circumstances, BCCL shall be liable for any unlawful act of the User or its affiliates, relatives, employees, agents including misuse of any data, unfair trade practices, fraud, cyber squatting, hacking and other cyber crimes. In no event shall BCCL be liable for damages of any kind, including without limitation, direct, incidental or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, damages for lost profits, business interruption and loss of programs or information) arising out of the use of or inability to use Site, or any information provided thereon, or any claim attributable to errors, omissions or other inaccuracies in the Site.
- You may not send, submit, post, or otherwise transmit, material or messages that contain software virus, or any other files that are designed to interrupt, destroy, and negatively affect in any manner whatsoever, any electronic equipment in connection with the use of the Site, or other user’s ability to use the Site.
- User agrees to indemnify and hold BCCL, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless from any claim, demand or damage, including reasonable attorney’s fees, asserted by any third party due to or arising out of User’s use of or conduct on the Site. BCCL reserves the right to disclose any personal information about you and your use of the Site including its contents, without your prior permission, if BCCL has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
- protect and defend the rights or property of BCCL or its affiliated companies;
- If the Site provides links to web sites and access to content, products and services from third parties, including users, advertisers, affiliates and sponsors of the Site, you agree that BCCL is not responsible for the availability of, and content provided on, third party web sites or content. The User is requested to peruse the policies posted by other web sites regarding privacy and other terms before use. BCCL is not responsible for third party content accessible through the Site, including opinions, advice, statements and advertisements, and User shall bear all risks associated with the use of such content. BCCL is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort which User may incur from dealing with any third party. BCCL makes no warranty or representation regarding, and does not endorse, any linked web sites or the information appearing thereon or any of the products or services described thereon. Links do not imply that BCCL or the Site sponsors, endorses, is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol displayed in or accessible through the links, or that any linked site is authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol of BCCL or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.
- Prohibited Activities
- You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information on the Site, that
- belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right to;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- harm minors in any way;
- infringes any trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonate another person;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource.
- Notice of Copyright Infringement
BCCL is not liable for any infringement of copyright arising out of materials posted on or transmitted through the Site, or items advertised on the Site, by end users or any other third parties. In the event you have any grievance in relation to any Content uploaded on the Site, you may contact our Grievance Officer, at [●]; or write at the following address:
Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.
Times Of India Building,
Mumbai- 400 001
- Any complaints or concerns with regards to content or to report any abuse of laws or breach of these terms may be taken up with the designated grievance redressal officer as mentioned below via post or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org