ET-UKG | Managing manufacturing workforce during uncertainty
In a rapidly changing world where work, the workplace and the workforce are evolving, organisations need to ensure adaptability, flexibility and safety for the employee, and at the same time optimise employee costs, manage compliances and improve productivity. This is a challenge made more difficult by the oppressive circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic. Manufacturing companies have borne the brunt of the virus’s impact, simply because their plant employees could not work from home, and enterprises had to deploy innovative tactics to keep their machines running, and the workforce safe as well as productive.
Key Talking Points
- Impact of COVID-19 on manufacturing workforce, operations and finances.
- Changes in operational model to enable business continuity, agility and flexibility.
- Managing demand fluctuations, uncertainty in labour availability, and changing regulations.
- Keeping sight of the bigger picture – revenue and profit growth – during a crisis.
- Reimagining operational and workforce models for the future.
- Role of businesses in keeping cloud resources safe as a part of shared responsibility with the cloud provider.
- Key security considerations & best practices to follow while migrating to the cloud.