ET- Sophos | Enhance the supply chain security
The recent cyber-attacks and ransomware incidents have highlighted the need for a new approach to security of the supply chain network. While enterprise security does the job for large companies, their supply chain partners are at risk which could potentially disrupt their operations. There is a need to take a fresh look at the way security systems are deployed with the supply chain partners. Extension of the remote working policy by many employers (and suppliers) has made cybersecurity a discussion that is important for the top leaders of companies.
There have already been more incidents of cyber-attacks and ransomware in 2021 compared to 2020. Given the recent incidents, are we learnt the right lessons? How can we better ringfence companies to be better prepared from increased cyber threats?
Key Talking Points
- Enhancing the supply chain security in the light of increased threats
- Measures taken by companies to address the enhanced threat perception
- Recent surveys show ransomware recovery cost is more than doubling every year
- Multiple reports show ransomware instances are expanding rapidly
- More companies are paying ransom every year
- Possible malware recovery plan so that the threats can be managed proactively